Friday, March 31, 2006

BIRTHDAYS!!

Initially it's the 'most important' day you wait for the whole year round -- the gifts, the party, the thought of wearing new clothes to school, the food... everything attached to this day is exciting! But as you grow older and (maybe) wiser... the excitement wears off.

Birthdays are no longer fun because of the simple reason that it drills home the point that you are growing older!

At 26, I might still be 'young' but I know that 'old' is soon catching up. Apart from stocking on anti-wrinkle and anti-aging creams, there isn't much I can do now. I simply have to accept that 'I am growing old!!!' I remember beaming with joy when I turned 23, it was a 'cool age!' But since then birthdays have been extremely depressing.

Friends who celebrated my 26th birthday with me had only one thing to say the whole night -- 'You are in your LATE-20s now'. Hmmm... soon... very soon... I'll be 30, then 40.... Maybe the excitement attached with birthdays would attain more meaning then... Maybe this dull point in the graph of life will vanish. Maybe, after I turn 40, I'll be able to enjoy my birthdays again!!!;) I sure wish so...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home